Birthing a book is hard. For those of you lucky enough to make it through the grueling writing and editing portion of this endeavor unfortunately, just because you build it doesn’t mean they will come. Since you clicked on this article, you probably already know this which is why you’re here. But you’re probably also busy.
While it’s important to make time for larger marketing efforts, you don’t have to neglect marketing entirely on busy days. If you can find even 10 minutes, you can use one of these 10-minute book marketing tactics to help you stick with your marketing goals even on your busiest days. Over time, these little chunks of effort can pay off big time. Here’s a list of 10 different tactics that take 10 minutes or less to help you market your book. Enjoy!
- Post updates to your social network accounts (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.).
- Answer questions (or ask some) in a relevant topic or thread on places like Quora, Google+, Twitter, or Reddit.
- Create or update a Pinterest board for your book or relevant area of expertise. Invite other pinners to contribute to your board.
- Send a quick update to your email list. Don’t have one? Spend 15 minutes comparing email marketing services.
- Email book reviewers (if they accept email submissions) to offer review copies.
- Pitch a guest post idea to a blogger covering your nonfiction niche or your fiction genre.
- Post blog comments on relevant blogs (without blatantly promoting yourself or books).
- Post a “teaser” excerpt to your own blog.
- If you’re a nonfiction author, sign up for expert referral resources like Help a Reporter Out (HARO). – HelpAReporter.com
- Create a short, 3-5 minute, author video to update readers on your latest work. Better yet, use the videos to answer reader questions. Upload them to your YouTube channel. Don’t have one? Take 15 minutes to set one up.
Without good design, even the best, most powerful idea gets lost in the mix.
Need help? We got you covered...
Browse all of our pixel perfect templates and pick the design that's right for you. We created these templates to do all the design heavy lifting for you so you don't have to worry about a thing!